It’s that time of year – a time to celebrate generosity and to give. We just kicked off our annual year-end fund drive with batches of letters to the good people of Charlotte and beyond. The mailman loves us this time of year, because we’re helping him build those biceps with an extra-heavy box of outgoing mail!
During this season of gratitude, I am personally thankful for the generosity of so many people over the years. This priceless support has come to The Ivey in many forms – donations of money, time, talents and passion – and has made our very existence possible. It has also made possible the following recent achievements:
• Consecutive months of record enrollment and attendance this fall, a testament to our exciting growth
• Being chosen by The National Adult Day Services Association (NADSA.org) as a site visit destination for its national conference, elevating The Ivey as a bar-setting model of care
• The Fall 2013 acquisition of the adjacent parcel of land for the creation of two Family Care Homes – a first-of-its-kind respite care solution anchored by a day center for Charlotte families
As we celebrate seven years of caring for families and their loved ones living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias, I am also grateful to the hundreds of people who have turned to us for their care solution thus far. As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, the intentionally affordable cost of membership at The Ivey allows us to serve more families in our community, yet covers less than half of our operating costs. With no drug cure in sight, the number of families who need the unique, non-pharmacological daytime services we provide is rising exponentially – which means now, more than ever, we need your contribution. By donating to The Ivey, you can help make miracles happen for more and more Charlotte families, each and every day…miracles such as:
• Memories once thought lost, ushered back by one of the nearly 16,000 warm, delicious and healthy homemade meals served this year
• Strength, balance and independence restored by the healing hands of our on-site physical, occupational and speech therapists
• “A-ha” moments for family caregivers, as they find desperately needed answers and support from our expert staff or at our popular monthly speaker series
As we move into our eighth year of service, I hope you will consider making a holiday gift during our year-end fund drive, and I am very grateful for your generosity of any amount that is meaningful to you.
How will your donation benefit seniors in our community? It will allow loved ones to enjoy the serenity of our safe and secure campus, receive nourishing meals throughout the day, and help cover the costs of Genesis’ world-class licensed therapists providing our members with crucial rehabilitation services.
As you cherish the memories of loved ones or make new ones during this season of celebration, I would be grateful if you would consider including The Ivey in your year-end charitable giving. With your support, we can continue to improve the lives of more and more Charlotte families, helping them keep their memories intact, keep their loved ones close to them, and keep their love of life alive and well.
And from the bottom of my heart: Thank You.